Chris Fussell is a Partner at the McChrystal Group. He is the author of One Mission: How Leaders Build a Team of Teams, and a co-author of the New York Times bestseller Team of Teams, the first book in the series. He was commissioned as a Naval Officer in 1997 and spent the next 15 years on U.S. Navy SEAL Teams around the globe. He then served as Aide-de-Camp to Lieutenant General Stanley McChrystal during McChrystal’s final year commanding a Joint Special Operations Task Force fighting Al Qaeda around the globe.
Since leaving active duty in 2012, Fussell has also served as a Senior Fellow for National Security at New America, sits on the Board of Directors for the Navy SEAL Foundation, is a life member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and teaches at Yale University’s Jackson Institute. He lives in Washington, D.C. with his family.
Chris co-hosts the No Turning Back Podcast with Stan McChrystal. They have interviewed leaders like Doug McMillon, CEO of Walmart; Simon Sinek, Author & Speaker; and Molly Joseph, CEO of UnitedHealth Group.
- Highlights of the episode:
- Lessons learned in Navy Seals training
- How Chris came to be the Aide-de-Camp to General Stanley McChrystal
- Pivoting the McChrystal Group during the pandemic
- The new normal of the business world
- Attributes that develop into top talent
- The Team of Teams framework
- The most common bottleneck for companies
Learn more about Chris: