Scott Parker is a serial Restaurateur, and has been credited with putting “the ‘life’ into Arlington night life’ – however he continues to grow his empire into other businesses tailored to the needs and wants of urbanites and young professionals.
His portfolio includes over a dozen brick and mortar businesses – including great restaurants and bars like Bronson Bierhall, Don Tito, Barley Mac, and Don Taco – but other business lines including the Bearded Goat Barber, Playful Pack Dog Daycare & Boarding, and Bash Boxing.
In this podcast, we cover how it all happened, with a look at the current state, and the road ahead.
- The journey, drive, and sacrifice in order to transition from employee to entrepreneur
- Weighing experience vs habits, traits and attitude when hiring for a team environment
- How his initial struggle with getting started has helped him to serve as a mentor to others who want to follow a similar path
- Deconstructing the fear factor to understand what “fear” means to them
- Building a better brick and mortar business around a pre-established brand, business or person
- The value of a strong team culture to build a strong brand
- How COVID-19 has 2020 is all about survival – as well as the luck behind how brands are expanding or failing
- The why behind Scott’s fitness routine, and how it has helped some to become top performers
Links discussed in Episode:
Tools of Titans, by Tim Ferriss
Get in touch with Scott Parker:
Instagram with @ScottParker